Trust My Georgia Plumber for Toilet Installation and Repair Services in Atlanta and North Georgia
When it comes to toilet repairs and installations, My Georgia Plumber is your trusted plumbing service provider in Atlanta and North Georgia. We offer a range of plumbing repair services, including toilet repairs. In this article, we’ll discuss common toilet complaints, when to consider toilet replacement, safe solutions for a clogged toilet, and easy tips to prevent toilet clogs.
Common Toilet Repairs:
- Running Toilet: A toilet that continuously runs, wasting water and increasing your utility bills.
- Weak Flush or Partial Flush: Insufficient flushing power that doesn’t effectively remove waste from the bowl.
- Phantom Flusher: The toilet flushes on its own intermittently, indicating a potential issue with the flapper or fill valve.
- Water Level Drops: If the water level in the toilet bowl drops significantly between flushes, it may be a sign of an underlying problem.
- Continual Clogging and Blockages: Persistent clogs that require frequent plunging or snaking to clear the drain.
- Toilet Rocks: A toilet that is unstable and rocks when you sit on it, indicating a problem with the wax ring or mounting bolts.
- Toilet Leaks: Leakage from the tank or bowl, which can waste water and cause damage to your bathroom.
- Noisy Toilet: Unusual sounds, such as gurgling or hissing, during or after flushing, indicating a potential issue.
When to Replace Your Toilet:
- Code Compliance: If your current toilet doesn’t meet the plumbing code requirements of your area, replacement may be necessary.
- Cracked Tank or Bowl: A cracked tank or bowl is a significant issue that often requires toilet replacement.
- Frequent Repairs or Mechanical Issues: If your toilet experiences constant mechanical problems or requires frequent repairs, it may be more cost-effective to replace it.
- Consistent Clogging: If your toilet drain consistently clogs, even after attempts to clear it, replacement may be necessary.
Safe and Professional Solutions for a Clogged Toilet:
- Prompt Attention: It’s crucial to address a clogged toilet promptly to prevent overflow and damage to your home’s floors and sub-floors.
- Expert Evaluation: Our experienced plumbers will evaluate the problem and apply the necessary remedy to unclog the drain effectively.
- Avoid Flushing Objects: Never flush objects down the toilet, as they can cause a quick clog. Keep small items away from the toilet bowl.
- Proper Toilet Paper Usage: Be mindful of the amount of toilet paper you use per flush. Avoid putting excessive amounts into the bowl to prevent clogs.
Recommended Toilet Brands: At My Georgia Plumber, we prioritize quality and offer high-quality toilets and repair parts. Here are some of the popular toilet brands we service and provide:
- American Standard
- Sterling (by Kohler)
- Universal Rundle