The new low-voltage input eliminates the need for UL certification, thus reducing cost and complexity. Aqua-Rex units are sized to be suitable for single-residence homes, multifamily, and all types of commercial, hospitality, health, and correctional facilities.
Originally Posted – PHCPRos.com
Unlocking the Mystery: How Water Conditioners Cast Their Spell!
Ever wondered what sorcery is at work when it comes to water conditioners? Unlike their water-softening counterparts, water conditioners don’t bid farewell to those pesky hardness particles. Instead, they work their magic by “conditioning” the water and altering the chemistry of the particles for a limited period, preventing them from wreaking havoc.
The term “water conditioner” encompasses a wide range of products and technologies. Let’s delve into the most popular types:
- Electrically induced precipitation: By employing a direct electrical current, this method causes water hardness and other compounds to precipitate. The resulting soft sludge adheres to an electrode, which requires periodic cleaning. Studies suggest that the sludge can be effortlessly washed away by fast-flowing water near the surface, like a magic trick!
- Electrochemical water treatment systems: Harnessing the power of electricity, these systems remove dissolved hardness minerals and other contaminants. Known by various names like continuous electrolytic deionization, capacitive deionization, or electrically regenerated ion exchange, they introduce a negatively charged electrode (cathode) into the water, attracting positively charged cations like a magnet.
- Template-assisted crystallization: This enchanting process employs resin beads treated with special surfaces. Rather than removing dissolved hardness ions, it converts them into microscopic scale-resistant crystals. The fluidized beads create agitation, releasing and facilitating further crystal formation.
- Magnetic water treatment: Brace yourself for a controversial technique! Magnetic water treatment involves passing hard water through a magnetic field, triggering the formation of microscopic precipitates that won’t cling to water heaters, pipes, and plumbing fixtures. Water conditioning encompasses a broader scope used by utility companies and includes whole-house water filtration systems, reverse osmosis, fluoride filtration, and water softeners.
But wait, there’s more! Let’s unveil the wonders of water filtration systems:
While water softeners tackle issues like dish spots and appliance buildup, water filters take it up a notch by providing tastier, cleaner water. They work their magic by eliminating a wide array of contaminants, such as:
- Metals like arsenic, lead, copper, iron, cadmium, and hexavalent chromium.
- Industrial and pharmaceutical byproducts, including pesticides and hormones.
- Chlorine and chloramine.
- PFOS and PFOA (Perfluorooctane Sulfonate and Perfluorooctanoic Acid).
- Sediments and particulates.
That’s not all! Water filtration systems also have the power to change the chemistry of hardness particles temporarily, reduce plumbing scale buildup, remove additional chemicals like chlorine, and even help you conserve water.
So, if you’re ready to embrace the enchantment of clean water, call My Georgia Plumber at (770) 592-0081 or make a magical online booking. Our skilled plumbers are here to install your new water filtration system and turn your ordinary water into something extraordinary!