Did you know plumbing makes up approximately 15% of your home's value? Maintaining your home’s plumbing is essential, can save you money and give you peace of mind. A plumbing system that’s running properly will provide your family with clean drinking water, good water pressure, warm bathing water, and the convenience of indoor plumbing. If you want to avoid an untimely plumbing nightmare, follow the maintenance tips included in this blog.
Kitchen Plumbing Maintenance
- Check under the sink for water leaks
- Don’t put fibrous foods down the disposal
- Turn on water and disposal before putting food down the disposal
- Run the water for about 15 seconds after using the disposal
- To conserve hot water run your dishwasher at night
Bathroom Plumbing Maintenance
- Check under sinks for water leaks
- We don’t recommend using bath oils as they can cause build up in the drains and reduce the flow of water
- Install a drain screen to stop hair and other items from going down the drain and causing a clog
- Clog removing chemicals can corrode your pipes. Use them sparingly, if at all.
- Flush only human waste and toilet paper down the toilet. Even “flushable” wipes should not be flushed
Winter Plumbing Maintenance
- Protect outdoor valves, hose bibs, and other water piping
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinets if you’re expecting a freeze
- Insulate piping in your crawl space, basement, and/or attic
- More tips...
Spring Plumbing Maintenance
- Check faucets for drips and under sinks for leaks
- Make sure toilets flush properly
- Check the temperature setting on the water heater
- More tips...
At My Georgia Plumber, we’ve made plumbing maintenance easier for you by offering our Home Care Club Membership. With the Home Care Club, you receive many benefits for example discounted repair costs, a free annual whole-home plumbing inspection, and no service fee. Click HERE to learn more about our Home Care Club.
If you need to book an appointment with My Georgia Plumber, call one of our friendly dispatchers at (770) 268-2331 or simply book online. We service many areas including Acworth, Alpharetta, Ball Ground, Canton, Cumming, Kennesaw, Johns Creek, Marietta, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Smyrna, Suwanee, Woodstock, and surrounding areas.